OWASP top 10 Vulnerabilities 2022
basically is a result of naming the modifications, understanding the scope and dealing with the consolidation very easily and following are some of the brief explanations that you need to know about it:
- Broken access control: This particular point will definitely be the scenario in which the attacker will be getting accessibility to the user account and the attacker will be operating as an administrator in the system with the help of sensitive files.
- Cryptographic failure: This is the scenario in which the transmission of data has to be compromised in some or the other way and will be occurring when the transmission of data will be done in plaintext or different kinds of the outdated algorithm will be used.
- Injection: This will be referring to the concept of injecting hostile data into the interpreter which people need to focus on so that organisation applications are never susceptible to injection attacks.
- Insecure design: This will be relating to all the demerits associated with the poor control design and the overall category will be covering the threat modelling, design pattern and the reference architecture
- Security misconfiguration: This particular scenario is the most common vulnerability among the all options available in the industry and accepting the insecure default settings, in this case, could be problematic because it will be containing sensitive information along with misconfigurations in the whole process.
- Vulnerable and outdated components: This will be the vulnerability that will be posing a significant threat to the security of the application and opening it will be the root cause of the data breach in the whole process.
- Identification and authentication failure: This particular scenario will be the concept in which the attack will be compromising the password, security key and session tokens so that executing the functions will be easily done and the session management will be carried out very easily. Employment of the multifactor authentication is a good idea in this case so the default credentials will be understood and things will be always in the control of the individuals.
- Software and data integrity failure: This will be happening whenever the coding and infrastructure will be incapable of protecting against integrity violations and the malicious coding element has to be understood in the whole process so that not so trusted sources will be susceptible to integrity failure along with auto-update capabilities. Implementing the digital signature, in this case, is important to ensure that there is no scope for any tempering concept.
- Security logging and monitoring failure: This will be leaving the application vulnerable to attacks and ultimately if not paid attention to then will be very much problematic in the long run. Hence, having a good understanding of the verification of high-value transactions is a good idea in this case so that detection of the suspicious activities will be easily done.
- Server-side request forgery: This particular point will be based upon the remote source and validation of the URL so that complex architecture will be understood very easily and the chances of any problem will be the bare minimum.